Sacred Land News
An afternoon panel discussion on Native American Sacred Lands will take place as part of the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s annual conference in Denver, Colorado, on Friday, October 3, from 1:30 to 5 PM. A two-hour dialogue will follow a screening of In the Light of Reverence. The panel will include moderator Chris Peters (Pohlik-lah/Karuk), Executive Director of Seventh Generation Fund, Vine Deloria, Jr., Lakota scholar and author of God Is Red, For This Land, and Custer Died for Your Sins, Bambi Kraus (Tlingit), President of the National Association of Tribal Historic Preservation Officers, Arden Kucate, Zuni Tribal Councilman, Andrew Gulliford, author of Sacred Objects and Sacred Places, and Director of the Center of Southwest Studies, Fort Lewis College, and Christopher McLeod, Director of the Sacred Land Film Project and producer of In the Light of Reverence.
Leave a Reply
- Turning the Corner, Finish Line Ahead
- President Obama Needs to Hear from You!
- U.S. Government Acts to Protect Sacred Sites
- Colombian Leader Rogelio Mejia Survives Assassination Attempt
- Sneak Previews in Washington D.C. on March 23-24
- Thank You! We Met Our Goal of a $25,000 Matching Donation!
- Feds Drop Charges Against Winnemem
- Emily: To Rushe: I have been wondering the same thing. Back in 2011, does anyone have information about what happened...
- TOM: Fantastic submit, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite experts of this sector do not notice...
- Michael: I really like it when folks come together and share opinions. Great blog, stick with it!
- Helena: Greetings, I was born in Colombia but at the age of 6 years old I was adopted and raised in the U.S. However,...
- Rushe Hudson: Has a petition to the White House been set up on the White House petition site?