Sacred Land News
Activists won a huge victory in October 2003 when citizens of Albuquerque voted down a street bond measure by a 55-45% margin (see below). This vote ensured that there would be no money available for the construction of Paseo Del Norte and Unser Blvd., which threaten to bisect Petroglyph National Monument. Now, New Mexico State Senator Joseph Carraro is mounting a campaign to get Governor Bill Richardson to fund the construction of Paseo Del Norte. Calls are needed to Gov. Richardson to ask him to oppose the funding for the Paseo Del Norte road. Please call Governor Richardson today at 505-476-2200. Tell him to oppose funding for a road through the petroglyphs! Native American religious values and beliefs should be respected in the state of New Mexico.
Leave a Reply
- Turning the Corner, Finish Line Ahead
- President Obama Needs to Hear from You!
- U.S. Government Acts to Protect Sacred Sites
- Colombian Leader Rogelio Mejia Survives Assassination Attempt
- Sneak Previews in Washington D.C. on March 23-24
- Thank You! We Met Our Goal of a $25,000 Matching Donation!
- Feds Drop Charges Against Winnemem
- Emily: To Rushe: I have been wondering the same thing. Back in 2011, does anyone have information about what happened...
- TOM: Fantastic submit, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite experts of this sector do not notice...
- Michael: I really like it when folks come together and share opinions. Great blog, stick with it!
- Helena: Greetings, I was born in Colombia but at the age of 6 years old I was adopted and raised in the U.S. However,...
- Rushe Hudson: Has a petition to the White House been set up on the White House petition site?