Sacred Land News
Seventh Generation Fund and the Yankton Sioux Nation are calling for a boycott of the state of South Dakota due to the ongoing desecration of Indian burials at the North Point Recreation Area. South Dakota is preparing for the Lewis and Clark Bi-Centennial Celebration by sprucing up parks along the Missouri River but native people have long warned of the presence of numerous burials and sacred places. Human remains have been scattered around the park in landfill and the Yankton have set up a protest camp.
Leave a Reply
- Turning the Corner, Finish Line Ahead
- President Obama Needs to Hear from You!
- U.S. Government Acts to Protect Sacred Sites
- Colombian Leader Rogelio Mejia Survives Assassination Attempt
- Sneak Previews in Washington D.C. on March 23-24
- Thank You! We Met Our Goal of a $25,000 Matching Donation!
- Feds Drop Charges Against Winnemem
- Emily: To Rushe: I have been wondering the same thing. Back in 2011, does anyone have information about what happened...
- TOM: Fantastic submit, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite experts of this sector do not notice...
- Michael: I really like it when folks come together and share opinions. Great blog, stick with it!
- Helena: Greetings, I was born in Colombia but at the age of 6 years old I was adopted and raised in the U.S. However,...
- Rushe Hudson: Has a petition to the White House been set up on the White House petition site?